T - Tally Record
The Tally record captures periodic count information. The period of each record is determined by the TD header record. Programmers will notice this record type has been designed to slightly favor "hourly" periods. Its structure is:
- date — Tally record date corresponding to the start of the period, formatted as yyyy/MM/dd
- hour — Tally record hour corresponding to the start of the period, formatted as HH (00 = midnight, 23 = 11 PM)
- periodid — Zero means a complete hour. If the period is an hour, this field will always be zero. Non zero values refer to sub-hourly periods. 1 means the first period. If the tally duration (TD) is 15 minutes, there will be 4 tally periods per hour: 1 to 4.
- channelid — Corresponds to a channel ID defined in one of the channel definition (SC) header records
- TF_component — a comma separated list of values corresponding to fields defined in Header Record TF. If TF is not defined, this field is skipped
- TC_component — a comma separated list of values corresponding to Header Record TC. If TC is not defined, this field is skipped. The list of values must always start with class bin zero, even if the TC defines the lowest_id as 1. If the lowest_id is 1, include this first bin count as 0
- TS_component — a comma separated list of values corresponding to Header Record TS. If TS is not defined, this field is skipped
- TL_component — a comma separated list of values corresponding to Header Record TL. If TL is not defined, this field is skipped
The primary key of the tally record is a combination of fields "date,hour,periodid,channelid" fields. No two tallies in the same file may have the same primary key.
- No two tallies in the same file may have the same primary key.
- All tally records in a file must use the same period
- There must be tally record for every period the counter is recording even if there are no observations. For example, if an intersection counter with 16 channels records in 15 minute intervals and observes no traffic during an hour, then there will be 16 x 4 = 64 tally records containing zeros
Hourly Tally With Classified Vehicle Types
This example shows a count on channel 1 starting at 7 AM, lasting 60 minutes. It records 54 motorized vehicles and 281 axles. There are 15 vehicle type classification counts (the TC header says the highest class id is 14, and class counts always start with a 'bin 0', making it 15)
TD 60 SC 1 TF motorized,axles TC fhwaschemef,14 T;2014/07/11,07,0,1;54,281;0,2,16,0,0,2,0,1,0,8,2,1,0,0,0;
15 Minute Tallies With Volumes
This example shows the four 15-minute periods of the midnight hour, for a station with 2 channels.
SL station,0,description,Example 15 Minute Tallies of Motorized Vehicles TD 15 SC 1 SC 2 TF motorized T;2016/07/01,00,1,1;15; T;2016/07/01,00,1,2;9; T;2016/07/01,00,2,1;12; T;2016/07/01,00,2,2;9; T;2016/07/01,00,3,1;5; T;2016/07/01,00,3,21;12; T;2016/07/01,00,4,1;7; T;2016/07/01,00,4,2;0;
Annual Average Daily Traffic
Shows how to record Annual Average Daily Traffic and AADT Percentage Change
FV 1,Traffic Server Build 96500 FD 2016/10/21,10:39:51.369 SR 1998/01/01,00:00:00.000,2013/01/01,00:00:00.000 SL station,0,description,0.1 mile N of Mason CO line SL station,0,regionname,Jackson County SL station,0,urbanareaname,Mount Alto SL station,0,pathid,WV 2 SG 38.855100,-81.893100 SP 1,8,38.865316,-81.883583,0,38.856135,-81.890031,0,38.855156,-81.892434,0,38.853451,-81.900095,0,38.850209,-81.901876,0,38.848471,-81.904043,0,38.845513,-81.906146,0,38.838808,-81.921051,0 TD year TF aadt,aadtpctchange SC 0 T;1998/01/01,00,0,0;2271,0; T;2001/01/01,00,0,0;2556,4.0; T;2004/01/01,00,0,0;2502,-0.7; T;2007/01/01,00,0,0;2403,-1.3; T;2010/01/01,00,0,0;2124,-4.0; T;2013/01/01,00,0,0;2312,2.9;